home - to The Greyhound-Database
Home  |  Dog-Search  |  Dogs ID  |  Races  |  Race Cards  |  Coursing  |  Tracks  |  Statistic  |  Testmating  |  Kennels  
 
Facebook
Login  |    |  add_race  |  add_coursing  |  add_dog  |  Membership  |  Advertising  | Ask the Vet  | Memorials    Help  print pedigree      
TV  |  Active-Sires  |  Sire-Pages  |  Which Sire?  |  Classifieds  |  Auctions  |  Photos  |  Videos  |  Library  |  Adoption  |  Forum  |  About_us  |  Site Usage

Welcome to the Greyhound Knowledge Forum

   

The Greyhound-Data Forum has been created to act as a platform for greyhound enthusiasts to share information on this magnificent animal called a greyhound.

Greyhound-Data reserve the right to remove any post that is off topic, advertisements or opinions they consider to be offensive.

Please read the forum usage manual please note:

If you answer then please try to stay on topic. It's absolutely okay to answer in a broader scope but don't hijack posts by switching to something off topic.

In case you see an insulting post: DO NOT REPLY TO IT!
Use the report button to inform the moderators so that we can delete it.

Read more...

All TopicsFor SaleGD-WebsiteBreedingHealthRacingCoursingRetirementBettingTalkLogin to post
Do you have questions about breeding theories?
Or do you need tips on how to rear your pups?

Hooked On Scotchpage  1 2 3 4 5 6 


Branko Lezaja
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 463
Dogs 2 / Races 0

10 Aug 2020 23:55


 (0)
 (0)


Brett Hastie wrote:

Kind of like when someone used to mention margins at every possible opportunity regardless of thread topic?

Interesting point you make.

Brett ,
I never mentioned that dog in threads on this site , on Facebook yes but that was advertising which it seems you're not familiar with lol , seriously that dog has been retired from stud duty ages ago & don't see the point of him being mentioned on a thread about Hooked On Scotch.



Branko Lezaja
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 463
Dogs 2 / Races 0

11 Aug 2020 00:54


 (0)
 (0)


Glenn Hatton wrote:

Fast dog & I hope he goes well at stud but his record still has a fail to chase against it at the Meadows & he never raced there again.
In saying that he was as fast a dog ive seen for a long while and with a clear run I think heíd beat all previous mentioned dogs on this thread.

Time will tell how he goes

Hi Glen ,
I had a look at that race & that ticket is a little sus IMO , the steward at the track is either blind or dumb or both as Hooked On Scotch only got beaten by 1.4 Lengths finishing 3rd , in regards to failing to chase tickets I was surprised Zambora Brockie never got pinged in SA during his come back as he didn't look interested at all IMO


Matt James
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 1423
Dogs 37 / Races 2

11 Aug 2020 02:38


 (0)
 (0)


There was a few runs where it seemed Hooked On Scotch didn't put in 100% (all but 1 race/trial in Queensland and his last run over 600m where they blamed injury come to mind), but he set such a high bar when he got it right I guess anything below a track record seemed below par for him

And regarding Zambora Brockie, just my opinion again but I'll be 100% honest, I'm not a fan in any way of Zambora Brockie progeny and think he's massively overrated because realistically he's had 100 litters and 5-10 good dogs and even they have good and bad days (watch how hard his pups chased in St. Ledger final after flying in heats). But on his comeback in SA I think he deserves benefit of the doubt a little bit because he was a year older, with a different trainer and had achieved plenty before that. But Zambora Brockie has nothing to do with Hooked On Scotch

It's the old saying 10 people can watch the same race and have 10 different opinions. Some people will just rush in to Hooked on Scotch, others will wait and see what his pups are like


Darren Leeson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 272
Dogs 12 / Races 49

11 Aug 2020 03:31


 (0)
 (0)


Hooked On Scotch Meadows run was the plain bizarre...it was like he thought he was just having a run into the catching pen and then realised it was a full lap and got going straight away thereafter. Wasnít your normal nonny thing???

Other than that how good are any of them off the bunny? Champs in a solo highballing it and then got nothing if they donít lead. How many did Brett Lee win from behind?



Kevin Wright
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 5587
Dogs 1 / Races 1

11 Aug 2020 04:36


 (0)
 (0)


Matt James wrote:

There was a few runs where it seemed Hooked On Scotch didn't put in 100% (all but 1 race/trial in Queensland and his last run over 600m where they blamed injury come to mind), but he set such a high bar when he got it right I guess anything below a track record seemed below par for him

And regarding Zambora Brockie, just my opinion again but I'll be 100% honest, I'm not a fan in any way of Zambora Brockie progeny and think he's massively overrated because realistically he's had 100 litters and 5-10 good dogs and even they have good and bad days (watch how hard his pups chased in St. Ledger final after flying in heats). But on his comeback in SA I think he deserves benefit of the doubt a little bit because he was a year older, with a different trainer and had achieved plenty before that. But Zambora Brockie has nothing to do with Hooked On Scotch

It's the old saying 10 people can watch the same race and have 10 different opinions. Some people will just rush in to Hooked on Scotch, others will wait and see what his pups are like

Mick Barry Quote.

just to clarify my point , i got no idea what his stud fee will be , nor do i care , i wont be using him until proven,,
what i meant with 2/3 thousand was , that may be the premium i have to pay once proven, thats above what ever his unproven fee may be

100% Agree....

,,,,,

I changed my opinion of Hooked on Scotch
...ZB is over rated and HOS has a lot to prove before i would use him and after seeing his replays it kind of reminds of Surgeon..and ..Bekim Bale ..

Breed with a nonnies expect to get at least 50% of his pups with the same trait .



Glenn Hatton
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 4829
Dogs 92 / Races 98

11 Aug 2020 04:53


 (1)
 (0)


Branko Lezaja wrote:

Glenn Hatton wrote:

Fast dog & I hope he goes well at stud but his record still has a fail to chase against it at the Meadows & he never raced there again.
In saying that he was as fast a dog ive seen for a long while and with a clear run I think heíd beat all previous mentioned dogs on this thread.

Time will tell how he goes

Hi Glen ,
I had a look at that race & that ticket is a little sus IMO , the steward at the track is either blind or dumb or both as Hooked On Scotch only got beaten by 1.4 Lengths finishing 3rd , in regards to failing to chase tickets I was surprised Zambora Brockie never got pinged in SA during his come back as he didn't look interested at all IMO

I donít think the stewards had any other choice than to issue a ticket. The dog looked a bit confused. Regarding ZB, Iím not sure why they made a comeback with him in SA he had nothing to prove. But as far as chasing ability is concerned, Iíve seen him headed in a group 2 race on one turn then come back in the straight and win. I donít think there is any question on his chasing ability.

HOS, if he throws his ability into his offspring, will be a very good sire. But bc of the FTC ticket I will not use him until heís proven.




Jamie Quinlivian
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7392
Dogs 10 / Races 0

11 Aug 2020 07:37


 (3)
 (0)


Why do people come onto a thread about a sire, to say they will not use the sire.

Its like a Ford guy walking into a Holden dealership and saying 'nup, not interested in any of these' or me walking into Dan Murphys and telling the staff I dont drink.

Personally I'm excited about using him.


Damien Bates
(Verified User)
Posts 124
Dogs 0 / Races 8

11 Aug 2020 09:00


 (0)
 (0)


Kevin Wright wrote:

Matt James wrote:

There was a few runs where it seemed Hooked On Scotch didn't put in 100% (all but 1 race/trial in Queensland and his last run over 600m where they blamed injury come to mind), but he set such a high bar when he got it right I guess anything below a track record seemed below par for him

And regarding Zambora Brockie, just my opinion again but I'll be 100% honest, I'm not a fan in any way of Zambora Brockie progeny and think he's massively overrated because realistically he's had 100 litters and 5-10 good dogs and even they have good and bad days (watch how hard his pups chased in St. Ledger final after flying in heats). But on his comeback in SA I think he deserves benefit of the doubt a little bit because he was a year older, with a different trainer and had achieved plenty before that. But Zambora Brockie has nothing to do with Hooked On Scotch

It's the old saying 10 people can watch the same race and have 10 different opinions. Some people will just rush in to Hooked on Scotch, others will wait and see what his pups are like

Mick Barry Quote.

just to clarify my point , i got no idea what his stud fee will be , nor do i care , i wont be using him until proven,,
what i meant with 2/3 thousand was , that may be the premium i have to pay once proven, thats above what ever his unproven fee may be

100% Agree....

,,,,,

I changed my opinion of Hooked on Scotch
...ZB is over rated and HOS has a lot to prove before i would use him and after seeing his replays it kind of reminds of Surgeon..and ..Bekim Bale ..

Breed with a nonnies expect to get at least 50% of his pups with the same trait .

Zambora brockie over rated hahaha , 31 wins from 55 starts id love 10 over rated dogs like him



Jason Caley
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 271
Dogs 6 / Races 0

11 Aug 2020 09:15


 (0)
 (0)


^ Damien - perhaps no disputing facts of what ZB has achieved. How that translates to progeny remains to be seen?

If only it were take a champion put it with a champion and so you'll get champions.

You and I both know - breeding, rearing, education, racing are all major factors. You can take rank outsiders or runts and they become the next champs. You can take "bred in the purple" and get nothing from the litter. The variables involved with bloodlines are okay as a starting point and that's about all.



Steven Martin
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7581
Dogs 180 / Races 66

11 Aug 2020 09:16


 (4)
 (0)


Damien Bates wrote:

Zambora brockie over rated hahaha , 31 wins from 55 starts id love 10 over rated dogs like him


Matt was talking about his progeny, not his race record.




Jason Caley
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 271
Dogs 6 / Races 0

11 Aug 2020 09:20


 (5)
 (0)


Jamie Quinlivian wrote:

Why do people come onto a thread about a sire, to say they will not use the sire.

Its like a Ford guy walking into a Holden dealership and saying 'nup, not interested in any of these' or me walking into Dan Murphys and telling the staff I dont drink.

Personally I'm excited about using him.

Because when you post on a public forum, you will get varying opinions and motives.

At the end of the day does it matter?

Good luck with your sire choices in the future. I have no opinions on ZB or HOS in either for or against cases. Just another option, and choices are good in this gig. Diversity rather than rampant inbreeding should be encouraged, the more stud and broodie opportunities the better for the breed and sustainability of the industry.



Darren Leeson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 272
Dogs 12 / Races 49

11 Aug 2020 11:03


 (1)
 (0)


Head Honcho (Box 3) 4th in the Melbourne Cup when he couldnít do what he did best lead...Iíve seen a lot better runs than that from the champion sire of chase - EXTERNAL LINK

But, then Head Honcho went to stud at $400 a non G1 winner and proved himself from nowhere.

Gun Law Osti was the fastest of his generation, but many believed he went missing in Group race finals. As a result another non G1 winner who did it extremely tough attracting broods until it was all too late and struck down with cancer.

Collision albeit a G1 winner was another people thought similar to Gun Law Osti on the racetrack. He started cheap and proved a top class sire.

Token Prince was another plenty wanted to tell you his offspring could be suspect.

Top draw sires Lively Band, Second Stage were fighters.

Nothingís an exact science. Guess some donít wait others do. Iím excited to see what one of the most gifted greyhounds Iíve seen can put into his offspring. What he did to Sennachie and Whiskey Riot in the Adelaide Cup was something else!


Sandro Bechini
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 18309
Dogs 14498 / Races 1817

11 Aug 2020 12:05


 (1)
 (0)


steven martin wrote:

Damien Bates wrote:

Zambora brockie over rated hahaha , 31 wins from 55 starts id love 10 over rated dogs like him


Matt was talking about his progeny, not his race record.

My ratings have Zambora Brockie going very well from the first crop...but his stud fee now is not competitive against Fernando and Barcia.

Am seriously thinking of using Hooked On Scotch with Rockhill Kate

CLICK HERE
But could change my mind 4 times before then



Darren Leeson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 272
Dogs 12 / Races 49

11 Aug 2020 13:20


 (0)
 (0)


Thatís the first step Sandro. He matches up with plenty of broods...

Same here - Iíve got a match up like the links Iíve posted - CLICK HERE



Steven Martin
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7581
Dogs 180 / Races 66

11 Aug 2020 13:29


 (0)
 (0)


Sandro Bechini wrote:

Am seriously thinking of using Hooked On Scotch with Rockhill Kate

CLICK HERE
But could change my mind 4 times before then


Hi Sandro.
I can see the "X" angle you're trying to take advantage of again (Maythorn Pride) thru "Murlens Toe", but why not go the real-deal thru her full litter brother "Murlens Slippy" in "X" too......Especially when the top-sire-line is by the same sire in Barcia Bale......And he's starting to get pups on the track too ---> CLICK HERE
That's a nice "X" cross especially when it's trying to replicate the great Fortress. Good luck ;-)


Sandro Bechini
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 18309
Dogs 14498 / Races 1817

11 Aug 2020 13:41


 (1)
 (0)


steven martin wrote:

Sandro Bechini wrote:

Am seriously thinking of using Hooked On Scotch with Rockhill Kate

CLICK HERE
But could change my mind 4 times before then


Hi Sandro.
I can see the "X" angle you're trying to take advantage of again (Maythorn Pride) thru "Murlens Toe", but why not go the real-deal thru her full litter brother "Murlens Slippy" in "X" too......Especially when the top-sire-line is by the same sire in Barcia Bale......And he's starting to get pups on the track too ---> CLICK HERE
That's a nice "X" cross especially when it's trying to replicate the great Fortress. Good luck ;-)

Funny you say that Steve

MP has been my number one choice up to now, and given the way the pup out of her half sister is travelling it will be right up there

CLICK HERE




Raymond Peter Fewings
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 158
Dogs 0 / Races 0

12 Aug 2020 00:07


 (3)
 (0)


Considering the number of dogs that struggle at 500m. I always worry about stamina. Zambora and Worm Burner have proved they can assist. Hooked on Scotch impresses with his strength.


Mark Staines
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 3630
Dogs 68 / Races 14

12 Aug 2020 01:14


 (1)
 (0)


Not a surprise considering the first 4 dams in his pedigree were strong !!!!!


Darren Leeson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 272
Dogs 12 / Races 49

12 Aug 2020 07:24


 (0)
 (0)


Have they always done this in the past when track records appeared to be equaled?

Aston Dee Bee Warragul TR 25.338
Hooked On Scotch 25.342




Simon Milgate
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 1675
Dogs 6 / Races 0

12 Aug 2020 11:33


 (0)
 (0)


" Am seriously thinking of using Hooked On Scotch with Rockhill Kate

CLICK HERE
But could change my mind 4 times before then"

Then you could use my stud dog no doubt that will eventuate from this mating (wishful thinking) I saw your test mating and thought of a flipside of mine. Nice broodie goodluck with your decision.

CLICK HERE

posts 106page  1 2 3 4 5 6